A Memorial Ride

So, I basically just don't keep up this blog much, but today was the Mt. Adams ride.  This is a memorial ride for a biking friend of ours who started it last year as a final ride(his favorite) because of his brain cancer.  He then survived the cancer, but was later killed while on a different ride.  So friends and family came together to ride it in his honor.  Will has been prepping Roger for this and he did great.  After a 14 mile climb, he had to take a break, so I drove him to the next pit stop.  Will rode and met us there so they could finish together.  All in all Roger rode about 32 miles of a 52 mile ride.  Both father and son had a great time.  Me and the other boys hung out at pit stops and ate treats and the boys enjoyed the dirt. :)

Here are the pics...

Getting started

Almost to the top

Boy were they glad to make it to the first pit stop!

He was proud of himself. :)

Watching a flat repair.

Waiting for Dad and Brother.

Even Eddy had a great time.

Frank enjoyed cheering in all the bikers as they rode in.  "Woohoo!!!"


Making it to the finish!

So excited to see us.  Will is a great dad!  I sure love this guy!

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

Love it!! What an awesome experience!

thesearlesociety said...

Wow! So awesome! Great job to both:) I feel so bad for not keeping in touch better. What a good friend I am. Your boys are so cute and getting so big!

Lego Meets Machine

Roger is really into electronics lately. Combine that with his love for Legos.  Tonight Will challenged him to make a replica of a CNC mac...