Ode to My Boys

I've been trying to figure out a balance in raising my boys. The loudness, the constant movement(running, bouncing, etc.), and then there's the dirt. I've been trying to let go and just let them be boys. Yesterday they were playing outside and I could hear them laughing so I just let them play, not knowing what they were doing. At one point it hailed and they didn't come in, but I thought I would just let them keep playing uninterrupted by my own paranoia. When I was going to make lunch I thought I would check to see what they were doing. When I opened the patio door I saw Roger elbows deep in mud. I didn't get angry(I remember the fun I had with mud as a kid) and now I know that I need to designate a mud area in the backyard so they don't play in my pea bed.

Allen's artwork.


The bathtub during cleanup.

Sometimes I get so exasperated with the never ending busyness of my boys. But boys will be boys and I love them and their energy and exuberance for life that I'm sure will fade all too soon.

No comments:

Lego Meets Machine

Roger is really into electronics lately. Combine that with his love for Legos.  Tonight Will challenged him to make a replica of a CNC mac...