Yesterday marks one year since we had our stillborn baby girl. We decided to spend a fun day together as a family. No batteries for the camera, so this will be a picture-less post. We took the kids to Washington Park in Portland. It was lots of fun.
We drove around a bit first, which was nice. We walked down close to the amphitheater and Will showed the boys how the sound carries from the stage. Then we found a gigantic play structure I didn't even know was there and let the kids play for awhile. Afterward, we went to the monument and the kids got to go on the big slide, teeter-totters, and the giant swings. I don't know if the kids were prepared for how big those swings are! Will went the highest. We also told them about the date that Will took me on when we were dating, when we went to the monument and sat there talking while looking over the city. They thought that was a neat story.
We stopped at the store to get some flowers and a balloon for the cometary, picked up some $1 hamburgers for lunch, and then went to Margaret's graveside. We didn't stay long, but we sang her Happy Birthday. It was really nice just spending the day as a family. Will & I even got to go to the temple and to dinner while my mom and sister watched our boys for the evening.
As much as we miss our baby girl, and always will, it is comforting to have the gospel to know we will see her again and be together forever. It was nice to participate in sealings at the temple and to feel how real those blessings are. The last year hasn't been easy, but we have learned and grown so much through it all. This life is just one step on the road of forever. I just feel grateful to be a part of it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lego Meets Machine
Roger is really into electronics lately. Combine that with his love for Legos. Tonight Will challenged him to make a replica of a CNC mac...
-
The things our kids say... Eddy: Mom, can I have Walter? Mom: No. He's mine. Eddy: He's not yours! That's not fair! Mom: (l...
-
So, today after church we attempted to take family pictures. I had told the kids to all put vests on so there would be at l...
-
Roger is really into electronics lately. Combine that with his love for Legos. Tonight Will challenged him to make a replica of a CNC mac...
2 comments:
I can't believe it's been a year. I'm glad you were able to spend the day together as a family. I've been thinking about you lately. I need to call you; we haven't talked for a long time. I will try to call sometime this week. Miss you!
I'm glad to hear that you made the most of Margaret's birthday. Last year was rough, remember the stomach flu we all got too? I'm sure this Thanksgiving will be a lot better for us all this year, even though I'm sad I won't be getting your homemade rolls. By the way, I love that huge play structure in Washington Park; I took Jacob and Shelby there once when they were littler.
Post a Comment